At NES Rentals we strive to reduce our environmental impact and conserve key resources not only because doing so is consistent with our values as an industry leader, but because it makes good business sense.
We are continually working toward environmental best practice in our activities, and to observe both the letter and the spirit of environmental laws and regulations. We have already made a difference at both our business locations and our employees' homes through recycling, employee education and other related programs.
Ongoing activities include:
- Recycling parts washing solvent, used oil and fluorescent light tubes
- Distributing Healthy Homes brochures, children's energy smart workbooks and reusable grocery bags
- Saving paper by having employees receive pay via direct deposit
- Converting from paper expense reimbursement checks to electronic direct deposit
- Switching selected branches to energy efficient lighting
- Converting our accounts payable department to a mostly paperless system
- Restricting tractor idling time to no longer than 15 minutes
- Launching a pilot program to assess alternative power sources for NES branches
- Adding battery powered lifts to the fleet
NES Rentals' employees are committed to being "eco-responsible," and to assisting our customers in doing the same at their job sites.